Eco-Friendly Ways To Get Rid Of Spiders In Orange County, CA
April 15, 2022 - Home Pest Control
Spiders are a pest that you might be familiar with or at the very least fill you with disgust. Many people are terrified of spiders, while others find them generally unpleasant. But, while spiders in Orange County have a bad reputation, they’re not as bad as you might assume. Most spiders in the area are harmless nuisance pests, but there are exceptions. In this guide, you’ll discover more about common spiders that invade homes and also get tips on eco-friendly Orange County pest control options that can remove spiders.
Types Of Spiders In Orange County
The vast majority of the spiders that you’ll find crawling around your home are considered a nuisance. So, while they might be upsetting to encounter, you don’t have to worry about them harming you or your family. Some of the main nuisance spiders in Orange County are the orb-weaver spider, green lynx spider, cellar spider, and house spider.
Here is a brief guide to what each of these species looks like:
- Orb-Weaver: These spiders are usually found outdoors and build large webs. Their colors vary, but they typically have hairy legs and triangular-shaped bodies.
- Green Lynx: The green lynx spider is a jumping spider that doesn’t build a web. It is a green color with a yellowish body.
- Cellar Spiders: You’ll usually find cellar spiders in dark, cluttered areas. They have long, spindly legs.
- House Spiders: This species is a tan color with dark markings on its backs. They often spin cobwebs inside of buildings.
But, while most spiders in the area are just a nuisance, there are a couple of dangerous species you should know about.
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People?
All spiders have fangs and venom they need to hunt down their prey, but they usually don’t have potent enough venom to hurt people. However, the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider are considered medically significant.
Fatalities are rare, with only around eight or fewer deaths attributed to the black widow spider each year and no deaths attributed to the brown recluse. But, bites from either species can still lead to severe complications. Keeping these dangerous spiders out of your home through effective spider control is key to protecting yourself and others.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
The simplest way to get total spider control is with help from the experts at Black Diamond Pest Control, but it’s also worthwhile to take some steps to deter spiders on your own. The following steps are eco-friendly and focus on prevention measures:
- Remove humidity issues by clearing away standing water from the property.
- Seal up entry points into your home by fixing broken screens.
- Store firewood at least 30 feet away from the exterior of the house.
- Clear away old cobwebs.
- Focus on general pest prevention as spiders are drawn to properties with an excess of insect prey.
For more help with general pest control and spider prevention, Black Diamond Pest Control experts can help.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
Contact Black Diamond Pest Control to get started to get year-round protection from common spiders in the Costa Mesa, CA area. We offer ongoing plans that will address both spiders and their pest prey. Discover more about our eco-friendly pest control and eradication plans by giving us a call today.